Sunday, July 21, 2013

Skin Care Routine

I always get compliments on my skin and how clear my skin is so I decided to do a post on my skincare routine.

As I posted in my review on the Fuzz Off by Bliss, I suffer from Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, as a result from the PCOS I do get cystic acne. Which if any of you know about cystic acne it is very painful and very discouraging on finding a solution on how to resolve the problem. So I strive daily to keep my skin as clean as possible to avoid any unnecessary breakouts.

I currently do not eat any dairy products. Such as cheese, yogurt, milk, etc. I avoid this because in all of my research I have found that dairy can cause flare ups with cystic acne sufferers.

Step One:
  To Begin I remove all of my makeup. I first use a facial cleansing towelette, lately I have been using the up & up brand from Target in the orange packet. I like these very much and they seem to do the job. I then proceed to use the Sephora Supreme Cleansing Oil to remove the remaining make up that is left. This stuff is awesome and get any trace of makeup off of your face. It works really well for eye makeup because it is not very harsh near the eye areas.

Step Two: 
  In my step two I use my facial cleanser. I use the Purity by Philosophy. This is a gentle cream cleanser and it very creamy feeling. The smell is a clean soapy smell but it does not seem to bother me. This is a very gentle cleanser and has no type of exfoliate beads in the product that would be harsh to the skin. I use this with my Clarisonic Mia 2, I use the deep pore cleansing head. The clairsonic is AMAZING. It gets my skin sooo clean and it feels very refreshed. I also feel like it fully deep cleans my pores and this is very effective when trying to avoid a break out. Once I rinse my face clean I then pat dry with a clean cotton towel.


Step Three:
  Once I am done washing my face I then proceed to use a toner. I am currently using the Toner by Sea Breeze that is for Sensitive Skin. This is very cheap and can be purchased at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. I like this product because it removes any trace of make that may be remaining and any residue that the face cleanser may leave. It does have A LOT of alochol in it so it is very drying on the skin and does sting the slightest bit. ( although this photo is of the meijer brand, they were out of the Sea Breeze brand when I purchased it....This works just as well)

Step Four:
  Once the toner has dried on my skin I then apply my moisturizer to my skin. Currently I am using the Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. This moisturizer has no SPF in it and is very soothing to the skin. I also really like the Hope in a Jar because it is very light weight and it soaks into the skin very quickly.


Here are the Links to Where you can Purchase all of the Products that I am Currently using in my Daily Skin Care Routine:

Up&Up Facial Cleansing Towelettes
Sephora Supreme Cleansing Oil 
Purity Facial Cleanser by Philosophy 
Clarisonic Mia 2
Sea Breeze Skin Toner
Hope in a Jar Moisturizer

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Let me Know what your favorite skin care routine products are. Leave them in the comments below!


4 comments:

  1. Than you! I went and followed your blog! Be sure to follow me back through Bloglovin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!

    Jen
    noaccountingforstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I really enjoyed reading your blog too!

      Delete
  3. interested in following each other via GFC?
    I will follow you back.
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete