Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Favs & Flops Drugstore Foundations

Hey Everyone! This is the second installment of my Fav's & Flops Series. I hope that you enjoyed my first installment with Drugstore Mascaras(click here to read it if you haven't). With out further ado Let's get started!
** Note ** All of these foundations were applied with a F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush by Sigma. **

Flops:

1. Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free Stick Foundation:
        This is a new foundation that has recently hit the shelves of drugstores so naturally I had to run out and make a purchase. I was very intrigued because this foundation is in stick form, I love stick foundations because of the non messy application it allows for. I purchased this in the shade #130 Buff Beige. There is .32 oz of product in the tube. The foundation claims to have an anti shine core. I used this product for a week and I do not like it at all. This product oxidized throughout the day and ended up looking very patchy as the product wore off. The product is very creamy and moisturizing BUT I do not think this a good product and I would not repurchase this or recommend this product for anyone.

2. Revlon Nearly Naked:
        The nearly naked foundation came out several months ago and I purchased mine at Wal-Mart in the shade #130 Shell. You do get 1 oz. of product in the bottle. This product has no pump with it which is a negative for me.  This color was just a tad bit to dark for me but it was very workable for my skin tone. This coverage is a very sheer coverage, however you can build up the coverage enough to a medium coverage level. The foundation is very creamy but it is not moisturizing to the skin. I simply did not like this foundation because of the sheer coverage. I will not repurchase this, however if you do like a sheer natural finish to your foundation this product might be great for you.

3. Covergirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation:
      This foundation has been out for a few months now and I have almost used up the whole container that I purchased. I found mine at Walmart and I purchased the shade #325 Buff Beige, you get .6 oz in the jar. This foundation is a very light whipped product, this makes it very easy to apply. The coverage is a medium coverage which is nice considering it does not feel heavy on the skin. I had to put this product in my flops because the wearing power of it is not good. I applied the foundation at 8:00 am and by 1:00 or 2:00 pm in the afternoon I feel that there is nothing left on my face. I feel that the wearing power is something that is so important in a foundation. I would not repurchase this product.

Favs:

1. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation:
         This is my all time favorite foundation from the drugstore. When they came out with this product I was really excited and I was not disappointed after trying it. The product gives a full coverage application and is a matte foundation. I have purchased two jars of this foundation the shades are #150 Buff and #240 Natural Beige. These two shades are perfect matches for me in the winter when I am paler and in the summer when I have a little bit of color. You do get .8 oz of product in the jar. The only negative thing about the foundation is that the packaging is very bulky. This can make it very hard to travel with. Overall I love the coverage and I would recommend this to anyone to try because I know that you would fall in love with it too. I will note that if you have really oily skin I do not recommend this for you.

2. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation:
               I was hesitant to try this foundation because I do not generally like covergirl foundations due to the smell that they have. I went on and gave it a shot and I fell in love with this foundation. The bottle comes with 1 oz., which is very generous considering other drugstore brands. I purchased the shade in #825 Buff Beige.  This bottle also has a pump which I  LOVE! The pump makes it so much easier to apply and not as messy. The coverage is a sheer to medium coverage. It is not heavy on the skin and I think that it is great for just wearing to run about town doing errands. It says that is has the coverage of a concealer, I do disagree with this because I did have to apply a concealer in order to cover any blemishes that I had. Overall I love this product and I have already repurchased a backup and I would recommend everyone make this a staple in their makeup collection.

3. Revlon Colorstay Foundation For Normal to Dry Skin:
               I purchased this color in #150 Buff. This foundation has been my holy grail foundation for so many years. The foundation gives the best coverage and it is soooo long wearing. The bottle is 1 oz. which is a nice amount considering it does not take that much to apply a medium to full coverage application. I never have any type of oxidation when wearing this and I did find that it did not stick to any dry patches on my skin. The staying power is all day and I have to use makeup remover to remove the foundation prior to washing my face. I love this product and will continue to purchase it in the future and would recommend this to anyone who wants a good foundation that can compare to any high end foundation.


Thank you all for reading the second installment of my Fav's and Flops on Drugstore Mascara. If you have any questions please feel free to leave comments below! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter , Facebook, and through Bloglovin.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I tried the nearly nude, I find that it's a good foundation for summer since it's not a full coverage foundation.With the Covergirl creme I like it but I had to put a spray to make it stay longer. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Comment. Drugstore foundations are my favorite things to try!

    ReplyDelete