Friday, October 18, 2013

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm and Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm Review!!


Hey Everyone!

Today I am going to be doing a review for you of the New Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm’s and the Revlon Color Burst Lacquer Balm’s. I hope you all enjoy and as always please feel free to leave any questions or comments below!

Let’s Get Started…

Today on my Lunch break from work I had to run into CVS to pick up an item and of course I cannot go into a drugstore without looking through the Cosmetics section. Just as I was realizing that there wasn’t really anything new that I just had to have..... I stumbled across the Revlon Lip Balms. I was intrigued because the packaging was a slightly different than the Original Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, however it just enough to where you could have easily over looked them, but different enough to notice .... if that makes sense?!?!

Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm:

I believe that there are 8 shades to choose from in this line. I am not 100% sure on that, I was just so excited I forgot to count. The shades range from nudes, to corals, berries, reds, plums, and oranges. I chose 4 of the shades, I would have got them all but I know I wouldn’t wear some of the colors.

I chose # 205 Elusive, #210 Unapologetic, #220 Showy, and # 225 Sultry.

The packaging as I stated earlier is very similar to the original Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. The only difference in this packaging is that the color of the outside of the crayon is a matte shade. There is no shine on the packaging except at the bottom where you twist the product up.  The staying power of these are also very similar to the original Kissable Balm Stains, they do stain your lips and that makes for a long wearing lip product. These shades are suppost to be very matte, which I believe they are. When you take the cap off the looks of this product may appear that they have some shine to them, however when applied or swatched they come off completely matte. I do feel that you have to build up the color on your lips, one coat will show color on my lips, however two coats gives me what I think is the look that Revlon was trying to achieve. As far as the application of the product they are very easy to apply and I feel come off very easy with a makeup remover wipe. When having them on the lips they do feel very soft and smooth with no stickiness to them. They also have a slight minty smell which is kind of pleasant.


 I am very happy with this purchase and I am so in love with the shades that I chose! I would recommend this to anyone and I would defiantly repurchase this product.

Revlon Color Burst Lacquer Balm:

These are also very similar to the Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains and the Matte Balms; however the packaging is a really cool high shine exterior. It is really pretty to look at and I think would be really pretty to carry in a purse. These also have a twist up bottom in order to get more product out, and they also have the nice slightly minty smell to them. This balm stain differs from all of the other because it is EXTREMELY HIGH SHINE! I mean wowzers! It is shiny! They do have a little bit of shimmer in them; however because of the amount of shine in the product you can barely see the shimmer on your lips. I love these too, the shades are absolutely gorgeous. Like the Matte Balm’s there were also around 8 Shades, but again I only Purchased 5 of them because I wouldn’t wear all of the shades that they offered. They are all very smooth on the lips and again like the others don't feel very sticky. 


I also love these balm stains, I would recommend these to anyone also. I would probably repurchase these just for the fact that they are so shiny that there is no need for a gloss. 

I purchased:


#105 Demure, #110 Coquette, #115 Whimsical, #120 Vivacious, and #125 Flirtatious.

Overall I am really glad I found these balm stains! It was a nice little surprise on my lunch break :) 
I hope that you enjoyed this post and again feel free to leave comments below! 
Thanks Again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment