Monday, September 23, 2013

Eye Liner Show Down! Featuring Urban Decay & NYX Eye Liners!

Hey Everyone!

I though that this would be a fun post to do..... EYELINER SHOWDOWN!
I have heard from so many people that the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On  Eyeliner Pencil is very Comparable to the NYX Slide On Eye Pencil.
I have purchased the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner Pencil in Zero and the NYX Slide on Eye Pencil in Jet Black. Both of these shades are very rich black eyeliners, that are great for everyday or even a great smoky eye look which you will see in my photos that show where I have applied them.
The Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner pencil in Zero retails for $19.00 at Ulta. The NYX Slide on Eye Pencil in Jet Black retails for $7.99 at Ulta. One favorable thing for NYX is that Ulta often does buy one get one 50% off sales for all NYX cosmetics, so if you are able to get their eyeliner on a sale like that you are able to save some bucks as well as stock up.

Sooo Let's get started on the SHOWDOWN!

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner Pencil in Zero:
This eyeliner currently retails for $19.00 at Ulta for one full size pencil. These are the type of eyeliner pencils that do require a sharpener as they are not retractable. The Full size eyeliner however is a rather large eyeliner pencil so I can say that this could last you a few months depending on how often you wear eyeliner. However Ulta does have small gift sets that contain the 24/7 glide on eyeliner pencils for a set price, they often include 5 to 7 smaller size pencils, which for me is the best of both worlds because you get the Zero shade as well as some other shades to try out for not much more that what you would pay for a full size eyeliner. Currently Ulta has their Black Market value set that contains 6 eyeliners NONE of them are the shade zero that I am featuring in this blog post, this set is selling for $36. The Zero shade is a very rich dark black. I feel that it is the perfect black shade. This eyeliner slides across the lid very easily and it soooo creamy. The wearing power is amazing, it does last all day and it extremely water proof. I do have to use a really good eye make up remover to be sure that it is all off. The pencil is very easy to sharpen. The cap that covers the eyeliner is made of some type of metal or tin that I feel will protect the eyeliner from bacteria or being smashed that will ruin the pencil.  The full size product is .04 oz., which is a large amount of product. Over all this is a great eyeliner and it is worth the price.......

Now lets see how it stacks up against the NYX Slide on Eye Pencil:
The NYX Slide on Eye Pencil in Jet Black currently retails at Ulta for $7.99, but as I mentioned earlier in this post, Ulta does often have the NYX cosmetics on sale for Buy One get one 50% Off, which allows the price to be cheaper and give you the ability to stock up. This eyeliner is also an eyeliner that has to be sharpened, but it is also very easy to sharpen like the Urban Decay. A regular full size of the NYX eyeliner is .04 oz., which makes this the same size as the Urban Decay full size. The cap for the NYX eyeliner is just a standard plastic cap which does the job of preventing it from being damaged and not allowing in bacteria to get into the pencil, however with my experience these plastic caps tend to crack very easily especially if you travel with them.  The pencil is a very creamy consistency and did slide on the eye lid very easily, almost a little better than the Urban Decay. Overall I like this eyeliner and I find it to be very comparable to the Urban Decay.

Both eyeliners are great! But follow my photos below to see shots of them throughout the day! At the end of this blog I will give you my final thoughts on the eyeliners and which of the two products I feel was the best.......



Urban Decay Zero is the top Swatch and NYX Jet Black is the Bottom Swatch

Here is a photo of the Pencils. The Urban Decay Zero Is small because I have had it for a long time and use it very often.

These Photos are from 1st thing in the morning after applying the eyeliner. NYX in Jet Black is on the Left Eye and Urban Decay in Zero is on the Right Eye.
This is a Funny Picture I was not really Excited to be at Work this Morning!!!
This is a photo with my eyes closed so that you can see the colors are very close in shades.

This is at Lunch Time at 1:45pm
This is at Lunch time at 1:45pm
 
*** At lunch time I noticed that the Urban Decay was beginning to run under my lower lash line and into my inner corner. The color of the urban decay eye liner was not as vibrant as it was when first applied this morning. The NYX was not running at all! Color of the NYX eyeliner was still very vibrant! I will check back in this evening!!!!! 
 

At 9:45pm before removing my makeup.
 
FINAL THOUGHTS 
After wearing both eyeliners all day.... I happen to like the NYX eyeliner the best. I feel that the color didn't fade on it as bad and it didn't run from underneath my Lower lash line. Over all they are both good eyeliners and very  comparable, I would just say that the NYX was slightly better and it's cheaper.
 
Let me know what other Showdowns you would like to see....Leave Comments below!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway it ends September 30th!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What an informative post! I hear all the time that NYX is a dupe for UD, but never having tried the UD ones, I always wondered if I was missing out. Now I know that I can just stick with my NYX Slide on Glide on. :) Thanks so much for the work you put into this post!

    Lipstick&Lattes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and following my blog! I really enjoyed doing this.. it felt kind of like a science project that I was doing...Like a beauty Experiment!! I am glad you enjoyed!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for reading and following my blog! I really enjoyed doing this.. it felt kind of like a science project that I was doing...Like a beauty Experiment!! I am glad you enjoyed!!

      Delete